Woman at Center of Roman Polanski Statutory Rape Case to Pen Memoir

>> Tuesday, October 9, 2012

FILM: Roman Polanski

The former teen whom Roman Polanski was convicted of sexually assaulting -- leading to one of Hollywood's most notorious scandals and the director's flight from the United States -- is writing a memoir.

Samantha Geimer, now 47, has a deal with Atria Books for The Girl: Emerging From the Shadow of Roman Polanski. Atria, a Simon & Schuster imprint, announced on Tuesday that the book would come out next autumn.

STORY: Roman Polanski Uses New Documentary to Apologize to Woman He Sexually Assaulted

"I am more than 'Sex Victim Girl,' a tag the media pinned on me," said Geimer, who long ago identified herself as Polanski's victim, in a statement released through Atria. "I offer my story now without rage, but with purpose -- to share a tale that in its detail will reclaim my identity. I have been dogged by tired thinking and easy tags nearly my entire life. I am not a stick figure. I know what it is like to be a woman and a victim in the realest possible way."

Financial terms were not disclosed.

Last year, Polanski publicly apologized to Greimer in Laurent Bouzereau's documentary Roman Polanski: A Film Memoir.

"She is a double victim: my victim and a victim of the press," he said near the end of the film, which was shot while Polanski was under house arrest in Switzerland three years ago awaiting possible extradition.

Title Post: Woman at Center of Roman Polanski Statutory Rape Case to Pen Memoir
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: AdSense bom klik biar banned

Thanks for visiting, Comment and Feedback are welcome...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP