Cannes 2012: Nicole Kidman Talks About 'The Paperboy's' Standing Ovation

>> Sunday, May 27, 2012

Nicole Kidman

Although Nicole Kidmans film, The Paperboy, didnt win any prizes at the Cannes Film Festival on Sunday, she and the cast do have at least one distinction to be proud of.

PHOTOS: Cannes Day 10: 'Cosmopolis' Premiere, 'Hemingway & Gellhorn' Photocall

"We got an amazing standing ovation, which was great, Kidman tells AP. This is my fifth time [at Cannes], so I've had many, many, many different reactions. That's the longest standing 'O' I've ever gotten at Cannes."

Reports clock the standing ovation at 15 minutes. Kidmans costar Zac Efron was brought to tears by the show of approval as was much of the cast from Lee Daniels thriller. But, Kidman didnt join in with an overly emotional response of her own.

PHOTOS: Cannes Day 9: 'The Paperboy' Premiere, AmfAR Gala

"Lee was crying, but I wasn't crying, the 44-year-old Oscar winner for The Hours says. I cry at my kids, I cry with my family, I don't really cry outside of that that's the stuff that brings me to tears! All of this other stuff, the glitter, and those sort of things, I'm more sort of immune to at this stage. It's probably because I've been doing it for so long."

Aside from The Paperboy, Kidman had another movie at the festival, the out of competition Hemingway & Gellhorn, which premieres Monday at 9 p.m. on HBO.

Title Post: Cannes 2012: Nicole Kidman Talks About 'The Paperboy's' Standing Ovation
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: AdSense bom klik biar banned

Thanks for visiting, Comment and Feedback are welcome...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP