'Five-Year Engagement': 7 Things You Didn't Know About Jason Segel and Emily Blunt

>> Monday, April 23, 2012

The Five Year Engagement Jason Segel Emily Blunt Winter - H 2012

The Five-Year Engagement stars Jason Segel and Emily Blunt as a so-in-love couple who get engaged, and then everything goes oh-so-wrong. After Blunts character, Violet, gets a job offer in Michigan, she moves there with her aspiring chef fiance, Tom (Segel), which delays (and delays, and delays) their wedding.

PHOTOS: 'The Five-Year Engagement' Premiere Red Carpet Arrivals

Segel, who co-wrote the script with writing partner Nicholas Stoller (who also directed the comedy), has known Blunt for some time. We are really good friends, and shes also the most capable actress Ive been around, he told The Hollywood Reporter at the junket for the film. So what better way to get to know these two comedy talents than in a paired interview? Segel and Blunt revealed several interesting things about themselves and each other while discussing their upcoming romantic comedy, which opens in theaters April 27.

Here THR reveals some of the surprises that Segel and Blunt shared about The Five-Year Engagement:

1. Jason Segel and Nicholas Stoller Wrote the Part of Victoria for Blunt
Segel told THR that the part of Victoria was written specifically with Blunt in mind. Segel and Blunt have been friends for years, and he says Blunt can do anything. She can be funny, she can be dramatic, and all thats going to be required if I think this movie is what its going to be, he said. Its very hard to find someone that you feel like can believably pull off as a couple on screen, because it needs to feel like they are best friends.

2. Blunt Helped Create Her Character
Segel and Stoller revealed that they had Blunt give input on how her character Violet would act. My favorite processes on films is when its really collaborative, she said. What these guys did is every new actor that signed on, they would do a complete re-write just with that character in mind, and thats why all the characters feel kind of juicy and rich. For example, at one point in the comedy, Segels character is really depressed and his personal hygiene and appearance are suffering. Blunt suggested that Violet should sweep everything under the carpet and just pretend everything is fine. Its a very British thing, she said.

TRIBECA 2012 VIDEO: 'Five-Year Engagement' Director Nicholas Stoller on Embarrassing Jason Segel, Their Lunch Obsession

3. Segel Doesnt Suffer From Writer's Block
Segel told reporters that he has such a busy schedule with starring on How I Met Your Mother and also several films per year, that he has to squeeze his writing into any space that he can. That also means he doesnt have time to get stuck on a first draft. I do not reread what Im writing on a first draft. I think its much easier to rewrite something than it is to write it. I think the most daunting moment is 120 blank pages to fill, he said.

Its why theres a million half-finished screenplays, said Segel. Everyone has a screenplay and they all have the first 50 pages. Because thats when it gets hard. Thats when youve done the beginning and then you have to get into the meat of the script.

4. Blunt Remembers Breaking the News of Princess Dianas Death to Her Parents
In an early scene in the film, Emily Blunts character dresses as Princess Diana for a design your own superhero party. Blunt, who is British, told reporters that the whole experience was quite surreal. She also revealed that she was the one who told her parents about Dianas death in 1997. I played the cello as a kid, so I was always up before everyone practicing like a complete nerd, she said. I turned on the TV and it was just everywhere. So I went down and woke my mom up and my dad and I just said, Princess Dianas dead.

My mom started crying, my dad was sort of keeled over the bed, Blunt said. She was so emblematic of our country, so it was so awful.

5. Segel Talks to Strangers
Blunt told reporters that Segel is very social, and that hes very romantic. She added that Segel quite enjoys going out just by himself and sitting in a bar and meeting people.

Segel agreed that he likes to meet strangers. I think its fun, he said. And I also like listening way more than talking when youre talking to strangers. Because you know what I realized? I know the information Im about to say. So Im not going to learn anything by talking.

TRIBECA REVIEW: The Five-Year Engagement

6. Segel and Blunt Both Want Kids of Their Own
Blunt, who has been married to The Office actor John Krasinski for nearly two years, told reporters that she plans on having children someday, but not really someday soon. Im from a big family, I would like to have children, I dont quite know when though, she said. Its just that Im quite enjoying the selfish spontaneity of life right now, which I think all changes when you have children.

Segel, who is not married but has been recently linked to actress Michelle Williams (they attended Five-Year Engagements afterparty together at the Tribeca Film Festival), said he would also like to have kids someday. You dont write The Muppets for no reason, he joked. Theres absolutely no rush for me, but yes, I love kids, I love being around them.

7. Blunt Says She Isnt as Busy as It May Seem; Shot Her Part in Looper in Just Three Weeks
Both Segel and Blunt are getting plenty of time on the big screen lately. Segel had The Muppets (which he also co-wrote with Stoller) release in November 2011, Jeff, Who Lives at Home earlier this year, Five-Year Engagement and Judd Apatows upcoming comedy, This Is 40, coming out in 2012. Blunt starred in Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, Your Sisters Sister and the upcoming sci-fi thriller Looper, along with Five-Year Engagement. However, Blunt told reporters that she isnt flat out busy all the time.

I didnt shoot them in order, I didnt intend for them all to come out in one year, but that is just how it happens, she said. Its funny because it sounds like Im very busy but for example, Looper, I shot in three weeks, which is nothing. And Sisters Sister, I shot in 12 days.

She added that she loves time off. I am very lazy in my time off. I like to stare into space and read and just hang out with my friends, she said. So I dont tend to go job to job. I always make sure theres a big gap in between.

The Five-Year Engagement opens in theaters on April 27.


Via: 'Five-Year Engagement': 7 Things You Didn't Know About Jason Segel and Emily Blunt

Title Post: 'Five-Year Engagement': 7 Things You Didn't Know About Jason Segel and Emily Blunt
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: AdSense bom klik biar banned

Thanks for visiting, Comment and Feedback are welcome...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP